Tuesday, June 2, 2009

at home in kampala!

hello hello!
i am so happy to say that i am now posting from my NEW HOME for 3 weeks here in kampala! all i have seen so far was dark but it was beautiful and i love it already! the driving is INSANE and i have to try and keep my backseat driving to a minimum, but its really scary! even though it was 9:30 PM, people were EVERYWHERE walking all in the streets and in huge crowds. it was totally crazy. i don't know what i was expecting but it definitely wasn't this. 

Everything with traveling went by without a single problem and i couldn't have asked for anything better. The luggage situation worked out really perfectly and i was so happy to have aunt ruthie there yesterday morning pointing out all the "God moments." She really has a keen eye for them :) 

While we were on our last twenty minutes of our flight to entebbe, i got super emotional because it was just all hitting me at once. I had some daraja going on my ipod plus i was just really praying about all the people i was about to meet and i was just really overwhelmed by it all. it was like it was finally hitting me. i really can't believe i am here. it just became so real and it really became a seriously important thing to me too. it has important to me all along, but it was like i suddenly realized that i am here to be completely selfless, to serve everyone in every way i can, and to make this trip all about the glory of God, not the glory of myself. those are all really REALLY important, and i just took a much more serious and less giggly silly approach to it. anyway if you know me you know i LOVE lyrics, and these lyrics have become my prayers tonight...

Take my life and let it be
consecrated, Lord, to Thee.
Take my moments and my days,
let them flow in ceaseless praise.
Take my hands and let them move
at the impulse of Thy love.
Take my feet and let them be
swift and beautiful for Thee.

Take my voice and let me sing
always, only for my King.
Take my lips and let them be
filled with messages from Thee.
Take my silver and my gold
not a mite would I withhold.
Take my intellect and use
every power as You choose.

Here am I, all of me.
Take my life, it's all for Thee.

Take my will and make it Thine
it shall be no longer mine.
Take my heart it is Thine own
it shall be Thy royal throne.
Take my love, my Lord I pour
at Your feet its treasure store
Take myself and I will be
ever, only, all for Thee.
Take myself and I will be
ever, only, all for Thee.


i love you and and miss you so much! keep praying!

For His Glory, 
heidi alise

3 comments:

  1. So awesome Heidi! Can't wait to hear about all of the wonderful things God has in store for this trip! I pray that you will touch the lives of the people there and that they will touch your life as well. You are an encouragement to me and I know to many others out there. Did I mention I am jealous? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you...I know God is smiling on you right now!
    Love , Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our precious Heidi, what a blessing you are to us and to so many others. May God guide you as you share His love to these people. We love you dearly. Grammy and Grandaddy

    ReplyDelete

.

.